If you call Beachside home we’d love you to consider becoming a Partner.
We know that ‘belonging’ doesn’t come from simply signing a form but we know the Bible presents a picture of people who, once committed to the Lord, identified themselves with the local church and that’s the type of commitment we’re keen on.
It’s tough to make any form of commitment to any one hairdresser, gym, café etc. when each day you’re bombarded with deals, discounts and the like, imploring you to make the switch and try something new. We don’t want to miss out or feel like we could be getting a better deal if we only looked elsewhere. But when, instead of committing and choosing to stick with something long-term, we flit between one place and the next, we also lose the opportunity to form any real relationship and bypass the intimacy and vulnerability that comes with that.
The God we worship is one who pursues intimacy and one we see time and time again entering into covenant relationship first with Noah but then also with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Israel and ultimately making a new covenant with us through Jesus. He intentionally enters into formalised, commitment-based bonds with people and while we may not be so keen on the idea of formalised commitment it’s pretty clear that our God is.
Check out the Beachside Partnership Covenant and consider committing to our community of broken people, and allowing yourself some accountability, vulnerability and intimacy.
We covenant together with God and with one another to Glorify God who has called us into a relationship with Himself, each other and the world.
Recognising that God has called me to be a part of Beachside Christian Church and to build relationships with people and God, I covenant:
1. To be faithful in the worship of God within the context of Christian community while seeking to discover and apply his revealed truth.
2. To explore my spiritual gifting and to offer my gifts and abilities where possible in the service of the Church and the wider community, and to help others in the discovery, validation, strengthening and expression of their gifting.
3. To lovingly encourage and support one another towards Christ-likeness by being a genuine community of love, acceptance and forgiveness, being compassionate with each other’s failings as we seek healing and growth towards wholeness in Christ.
4. To proclaim Christ in word, deed, and the power of the Holy Spirit, to serve people as a community of the Servant King, and to work for justice.
5. To give my financial means systematically, joyfully, biblically, sacrificially and lovingly, recognising that such giving does something for God, others and self. (2 Corinthians 8:1-15; 9:6-15).
6. To seek to grow in the fruit of the Spirit, (Galatians 5:22, 23) and to live ethically and morally to the glory of God so that the cause of Christ is not weakened and the Kingdom shamed.
7. To do all this within the context of prayer as we live to the glory of God who has called us out of darkness into His marvellous light, (1 Peter 2:9).
If you would like to chat more about becoming a Beachside Partner please chat to Nick, Susie or one of the Leadership Team.