Functional Ministry Worker
Beachside Christian Church is a relaxed, Christ-centred church in Palm Beach on the Gold Coast. We are a church who live out God’s truth, love and grace. The role we are seeking to fill is a maternity contract (9 months) starting mid May. The successful applicant will meet the requirements of a Functional Worker (click here for a detailed job description). This role will carry a load of 60%.
The role will focus in on these areas:
- Overseeing and maintaining Property and Equipment.
- Compliance and Administration of church & ministries.
- Responsible for Services and Upcoming Events. Assist in the coordination of events and other activities.
- Oversee Volunteers and rostering for ministries and other initiatives.
- Oversee social media and online teaching.
Applicants will need to have the appropriate skill set, be able to work in a team and have a heart that wants to see God’s Kingdom grow.
The successful candidate will help coordinate events and teams whilst working alongside the Lead Pastor. This role is a hands-on role, mixing with the Beachside community as well as playing a major part behind the scenes with planning and implementing events and other ministry activities.
Remuneration and policies are based on recommendations from the Queensland Baptist Union. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a full detailed description of the job.
Applications close Friday 9th April.
A Bit About You
The right person for this position will:
- Be someone who loves Jesus with heart, soul and mind.
- Be self motivated and able to take initiative.
- Demonstrates a proficiency in managing and establishing teams.
- Be experienced (or display a willingness to learn) in dealing with external agencies and in complying with COVID regulations.
- Be able to work well in a team.
Detailed Job Description
To provide direction, planning and reporting on church activities; to be actively serving in the community through church and other initiatives; to provide pastoral support to the community.
The successful candidate will be responsible and have oversight of:
Services and Upcoming Events
- Assist in preparation of Sunday services including organising people and rosters.
- Organise and provide leadership for church events such as church camps, community initiatives and Mission Sunday events.
- Supervise the set up and pack down of events.
People, Volunteers and Rosters
- Assist in leadership and training for volunteers.
- Maintain an up to date database with contacts within community, ministry and businesses.
- Help lead and grow various teams within the church.
Property and Equipment
- Maintain office equipment.
- Keep inventory of equipment and assets.
- Maintain issues of equipment and repairs.
- Safety checks on equipment.
- Leasing and hire / venue management.
Compliance and Administration
- Keep up-to-date and administrate COVID compliances.
- Policies and procedures for operations.
- Oversee OH&S.
- Oversee payroll and HR.
- Provide applications to council for events.
- Oversee blue cards and risk assessments.
- Assist volunteers to complete COVID Tafe micro course.
- Manage SMO and make sure leaders are up-to-date with child safe training.
- QB reporting.
Spiritual Tone & Growth
- Organise appropriate support services, e.g. Emergency food, baby packs etc.
- Provide Pastoral Care for volunteers and the wider church community.
- Be committed to prayer for the Beachside community.
Childrens Ministry Worker
Beachside Christian Church is seeking a dynamic, vibrant person to build a team and help lead our Groms (Children’s) ministry. This role will be a part-time position (40% or 2 days per week).
The successful applicant will be overseeing and leading our children’s ministry at church events and facilitating contact with the wider community throughout the week.
We place a high priority on children and their future and we know the successful applicant will also carry a similar heart.
Remuneration and policies are based on recommendations from the Queensland Baptist Union.
To apply please email email@example.com and attach a copy of your resume.
Applications for this role will close on Friday 9th April.
Provide spiritual leadership and growth to the children of Beachside Christian Church and provide leadership for a new family focused initiative.
- To grow the children of Beachside in an understanding of God’s goodness and grace.
- To grow and develop junior leaders to help facilitate Beachside’s Groms program.
- To oversee, train and grow the Groms leadership team.
- To be involved in a community driven initiative that sees the Groms ministry reach out beyond the walls of the church.
- Creating a clear vision for the team, families and children.
- Work with the Functional Ministry Leader to ensure compliance to Baptist Union and government child safe policies.
Spiritual tone and growth:
- Lead by example a life full of the Holy Spirit and Gospel centeredness.
- Adopt and live out Christian values.
- Oversee and provide God inspired teaching and training to the groms teams and junior leaders.
- Monitor the spiritual tone of the Groms ministry.
- Facilitate development of ongoing vision of the groms ministry.
- Keep abreast of the needs of our local community and initiate new start-up expressions of groms ministry in the community.
- Grow a kingdom focus by working in partnership with other churches and their children’s ministries.
Leadership Development & Raising Teams
- Identify, mentor and pastorally care for current leaders.
- Oversee the junior leaders and see them grow in the abilities.
- Drive the development of teams of volunteers.
- Oversee the pastoral care of groms, their parents and the team.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Safe, fun and inspiring ministry for the groms and their families.
- Numerical and Spiritual growth of leaders and children.
- Seeing Beachside connect with the community.