Childrens Ministry Worker
Beachside Christian Church is seeking a dynamic, vibrant person to build a team and help lead our Groms (Children’s) ministry. This role will be a part-time position (40% or 2 days per week).
The successful applicant will be overseeing and leading our children’s ministry at church events and facilitating contact with the wider community throughout the week.
We place a high priority on children and their future and we know the successful applicant will also carry a similar heart.
Remuneration and policies are based on recommendations from the Queensland Baptist Union.
To apply please email email@example.com and attach a copy of your resume.
Provide spiritual leadership and growth to the children of Beachside Christian Church and provide leadership for a new family focused initiative.
- To grow the children of Beachside in an understanding of God’s goodness and grace.
- To grow and develop junior leaders to help facilitate Beachside’s Groms program.
- To oversee, train and grow the Groms leadership team.
- To be involved in a community driven initiative that sees the Groms ministry reach out beyond the walls of the church.
- Creating a clear vision for the team, families and children.
- Work with the Functional Ministry Leader to ensure compliance to Baptist Union and government child safe policies.
Spiritual tone and growth:
- Lead by example a life full of the Holy Spirit and Gospel centeredness.
- Adopt and live out Christian values.
- Oversee and provide God inspired teaching and training to the groms teams and junior leaders.
- Monitor the spiritual tone of the Groms ministry.
- Facilitate development of ongoing vision of the groms ministry.
- Keep abreast of the needs of our local community and initiate new start-up expressions of groms ministry in the community.
- Grow a kingdom focus by working in partnership with other churches and their children’s ministries.
Leadership Development & Raising Teams
- Identify, mentor and pastorally care for current leaders.
- Oversee the junior leaders and see them grow in the abilities.
- Drive the development of teams of volunteers.
- Oversee the pastoral care of groms, their parents and the team.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Safe, fun and inspiring ministry for the groms and their families.
- Numerical and Spiritual growth of leaders and children.
- Seeing Beachside connect with the community.